About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Wow

Thanks to Jim over at Divine Nobodies for bringing this to my attention. I love it. I dare you watch it and not be moved. The thing that moves me is that this guy took a chance. He courageously put himself up there to be judged and risked his dream in the process.

I love that the one's who were the judges smirked and looked bored as if they couldn't wait for this to be over with - until they realized they were in the presence of someone who outshined them all. I love it when the mightly are humbled like that.

After watching it (and wiping tears) I thought about it and I wondered how many people are walking around with a beautiful gift that is not recognized because they never take the risk to shine.

3 comments:

Barbara (aka Layla) said...

I felt the same way when I watched this a week or so ago, there are so many lessons in this one little video and Paul (the guy) you can just tell he truly is a humble, quite man who took a huge risk. Good stuff.

Jim's a great guy, I can't wait for his new book!

Gary Means said...

wow. I just watched it with my wife. Fortunately I had just worked out so I had a towel for my eyes.

Gary Means said...

I did a little more searching and watched him win, perform in NYC, and record his debut album. What an incredible story. I love the comments by the judges on the final show.