About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Victim of Crime

I am ticked off. Really ticked off. This morning Brian (my husband) was working out at the local Y when someone entered the locker room, cut the lock off of his locker and stole everything - wallet, cell phone, car keys, all of it. Strangely enough the thief didn't take the car or the computer that was in it. I suppose he wanted to go buy a brand new one.

When I called to cancel our credit cards we were too late. He had already purchased a $1900.00 lap top at Office Depot and charged $765 at Target. He made similar purchases at other stores and racked quite a bit of purchases in a very short time. I went to Office Depot and asked to speak to the cashier to get a description of the guy. They gave it to me along with his phone number (or the one he gave) when he purchased the service plan. (Idiot) I suggested they make a practice of asking for ID on such big purchases in the future. Duh.

I took the guys description back to the Y and they knew who he was so the police are hot on his tail. I am SO tempted to call his phone number and tell him a thing or two but I'm not sure how wise that would be. Still, it's tempting.

As I type a locksmith is changing out our locks since the criminal has our address and keys to our house. He's also changing out the locks on Brian's car.

The funny thing is ... I was supposed to be working on a lesson for The Micah 6:8 Group today instead of running down criminals. The lesson was going to be on "what are you putting your security in?" Pretty good huh?

4 comments:

Barbara (aka Layla) said...

This is horrible! Give me the jerk's phone number, I'll call and scare him and he won't know who I am since it's out of your area code. What a creep! I can't believe he had the nerve (and lack of integrity, etc) to do something so BLATANT as cutting the lock off and then going on a shopping spree in town! The police must wonder what's up with your family, all this action lately.

I am so sorry. It must feel like you've been violated and ripped off - they better catch this dude!!!!!

David Cho said...

Wow, I am so sorry to hear. And the idiot left his identity with the store?

I hope the cops get him soon.

Tony Myles said...

Yeah... God does have a rather interesting way of using a broken world to teach us right things. Sorry to hear of your chaos.

NaNcY said...

pretty good lesson...
a good lesson of where to put our trust and idea of security.