So, just to get me going again (is that a good thing?) here are some updates.
- I only have ONE day left to work at my job and then I'm outta there. It may take a long to to wipe the smile off my face when I leave. I will miss Ms Cranky and my 20 year-old cigar smoking drama queen though.
- They have still not caught the guy who stole Brian's wallet, keys, and cell phone but I got an email from a friend tonight with an update .... apparently he's now hit a Gold's Gym in the area and stolen another credit card. I now have a picture of him and I am SO tempted to post it here. I may do that soon.
- We received an anonymous $1000.00 gift to Pine Ridge the other day. I'm amazed at how people are willing to give. I have now set up an online donation option on the Backpacks for Pine Ridge page. It should be working in the next day or two. We now have enough to provide backpacks/school supplies to TWO villages next year! And we are on our way to having enough for THREE villages! The more $ we get, the more we will give.
- I can't believe it but it's time for Pine Ridge to start again. We have an informational meeting this Sunday and I've been busy printing out packets for that. I also have some fun ideas for next year that I think the kids out there will love. We are doing a Beach theme complete with a water slide, a water fight, and a watermelon eating contest.
- My father-in-law is not well. Pray for him - he will soon be getting a new pacemaker and he needs a bone marrow biopsy and he has a suspicious polyp in his stomach. He will be 80 in Feb.
- I've been reading some excellent books by an author who lives near my hometown. I seldom like Christian fiction but this guy is good. Really good. I love a good crime novel and his character is a PI that is really likable. Check out Brandt Dodson's books at Amazon.com