About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Blogging Has Become Difficult

I'm having trouble blogging for various reasons. 1) I'm busy, 2) I've been printing stuff on my computer and when I ask my computer to do two things at once it freaks out, and 3) I can't think of anything to say that's worth anyone's time to read.

So, just to get me going again (is that a good thing?) here are some updates.

  • I only have ONE day left to work at my job and then I'm outta there. It may take a long to to wipe the smile off my face when I leave. I will miss Ms Cranky and my 20 year-old cigar smoking drama queen though.
  • They have still not caught the guy who stole Brian's wallet, keys, and cell phone but I got an email from a friend tonight with an update .... apparently he's now hit a Gold's Gym in the area and stolen another credit card. I now have a picture of him and I am SO tempted to post it here. I may do that soon.
  • We received an anonymous $1000.00 gift to Pine Ridge the other day. I'm amazed at how people are willing to give. I have now set up an online donation option on the Backpacks for Pine Ridge page. It should be working in the next day or two. We now have enough to provide backpacks/school supplies to TWO villages next year! And we are on our way to having enough for THREE villages! The more $ we get, the more we will give.
  • I can't believe it but it's time for Pine Ridge to start again. We have an informational meeting this Sunday and I've been busy printing out packets for that. I also have some fun ideas for next year that I think the kids out there will love. We are doing a Beach theme complete with a water slide, a water fight, and a watermelon eating contest.
  • My father-in-law is not well. Pray for him - he will soon be getting a new pacemaker and he needs a bone marrow biopsy and he has a suspicious polyp in his stomach. He will be 80 in Feb.
  • I've been reading some excellent books by an author who lives near my hometown. I seldom like Christian fiction but this guy is good. Really good. I love a good crime novel and his character is a PI that is really likable. Check out Brandt Dodson's books at Amazon.com

No comments: