About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Overwhelmed

I am continually overwhelmed by the generosity of strangers.
In the past two days I've been contacted by folks who want to give sacrificially to help purchase backpacks for the kids at Pine Ridge.

Yesterday a lady from Pennsylvania contacted me. She's a musician and a believer and likes what we're doing and wants to help. She's willing to travel to Cincinnati and do a benefit for us. She's even willing to go a step further and donate a portion of her CD sales to us. Amazing.

Today the drummer of a rock band in Virginia contacted me. He too is willing to bring his band all the way to OH at their own expense and do a benefit. I felt bad even asking him to come that far knowing that I couldn't pay for any of their expenses but he said he would be honored to do so.

Another man from Florida, also a musician, wants to help in any way he can as well.

I don't know these folks. I didn't contact them. I've never emailed them, read their blogs, or had any real contact with them. Some of them are believers, some not. They come from different backgrounds and play different styles of music. They just want to give and help make the world a better place.

Another man from our church spoke to our Mayor today and it looks like we will probably be able to do this concert with lots of different bands in the center of our city. Unbelievable.

And I got an email today from a ministry that saw some of my videos on Youtube and wants me to do a promotional video for them. Turns out, they work heavily with the Lakota people at Pine Ridge. Uncanny.

It looks like things are falling into place whether I'm ready or not.

And I sit back and marvel. I feel afraid and so very inadequate but God is on the move it appears and so I have to follow.

1 comment:

Gary Means said...

Very, very cool! God does awesome things when people like you risk.