About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Random Updates

I am LOVING not being employeed. I won't say I love not working becuase I'm working plenty - I'm just not being paid to do it.

Gary made a new logo for Backpacks for Pine Ridge. How cool is it to have a very talented professional graphic artist volunteer to make a logo for you?! It looks great. He made several but the one you see on the sidebar is my favorite. It incorporates the Lakota flag (on the backpack) and the Lakota colors (Red, Yellow, Black & White).

Speaking of Backpacks ... the news is good! We now have enough backpacks and almost enough school supplies to take to THREE villages next summer. We are always collecting both $ and supplies. The more we get, the more we can give. This is really exciting. I guess it's just hard to explain unless you're there but this endeavor is truly needed and truly appreciated by the Lakota people. To be able to go to more than one village with these is just asweome!

Today I got the August/Sept. issue of the newsletter the missionaries out in Pine Ridge put out. About our group they said, 'They really rocked and rolled". They also mentioned the "extreme water fight". Yep, that would be our group.

No comments: