About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

That Day

I still get chills when I think of Sept. 11, 2001. I suppose not many of us will forget where we were when we got the news and what we felt. I still recall every moment of that day and the days that followed. I remember being tired of crying in the days that followed as we saw story after story of men and women who died that day and of the heroes who laid their lives down trying to save them. In the months that followed there were even more stories. Stories of people who were so greatly affected by the events of that day that their lives were forever changed. People who were as much victims of the 9/11 attacks as the people who were in the Twin Towers that day. One of my dearest friends has battled debilitating depression since that day and believes it is a result of 9/11.

Now here we are years later and I still feel those same feelings that I felt the day of the attacks. Now they are accompanied by a strange mixture of other feelings.

As I wrote yesterday I have two nephews that are serving our country and a son who is about to enlist in the Army. My son plans also to be a police officer. For me, as for many Americans, this day is more than just a memory, it is personal.

Here is a tribute video. There will be many of those floating around the Internet today. This one is a bit long - 10 min. and the quality is not the best, but if you watch it until the end it will be well worth it.



* Update on my nephew. Last night we found out that he is one of the few Marines who has a chance to be selected to serve on the Presidential Security Detail. If he is chosen he will be in D.C. and will not see combat. We are praying for that.

2 comments:

Barbara (aka Layla) said...

Awesome video.

I linked to it.


Good news about your neph, I hope it works out that way.

Amber said...

I love seeing all the NY firefighters and police come up on stage.