About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

God Grew Tired of Us

I've just watched the documentary God Grew Tired of Us, the story of three of the "lost boys" of Sudan. The movie follows them from their journey from Sudan, to Ethiopia, to Kenya, and finally to America. It's a moving story that will make you laugh hilariously as they adapt to American culture and will make you cry with them in their struggle. It may even make you think twice about the way we do things in America. And it will ultimately inspire you.

John Bul Dua, one of the "lost boys" now lives in New York where he is working to build a medical clinic in his homeland through the John Dul Dua Foundation. You can read about it, and his story here.

“Hope is never lost,” he says. “Impossible things are only the things you refuse to do.”

The DVD can be rented at any video store and probably online as well. It's worth your time.

1 comment:

Barbara (aka Layla) said...

I just moved it to the top of my Netflix queue!