- I've talked to politicians
- I've talked to agents (not so nice one's) of Christian recording artists. (can you believe they implied that I was crazy)
- I've attended a concert and talked to one of the artist who were performing
- I've met with city leaders to plan the benefit concert to aid some of the poorest kids in America - (it wasn't planned this way but the city I met with is the home of Lakota school district - the name of the tribe we're raising money for)
- A neighborhood newsletter/newspaper is doing a story about what we're doing for the Thanksgiving issue and the editor is thrilled about what we're doing
- I've been to a home for the mentally ill and was warmly welcomed by residents who wanted to do anything they could to help me carry the box I was bringing in.
- I've been to Christian events where no one spoke a word to me other than a bus driver.
And I have absolutely NO idea what I'm doing. That was painfully obvious to both me and the lady I spoke with today to plan the event. And here's the crazy thing - she is still willing to work with me. She even suggested that we come up with a name that will be recognizable because we might want to do this every year.
I've learned a few things this week.
It's amazing who the people you know, know.
It's amazing who God will put in your path and how helpful they will be.
And its absolutely amazing who God will use - it's usually the people you least expect.