About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I HATE Fundraising

I really hate fundraising. It's humiliating and embarrassing to always have your hand out. A friend recently described me as a "passionate philanthropist ". It cracked me up. When I told Brian that, he laughed and said, "you're more like a passionate beggar. I couldn't agree more. I'm quite tired of being a beggar too.

When I see how much time I put into fundraising I always think of how much of that time I might be able to spend actually doing ministry if I didn't have to beg for money all the time.

I would write more but I have to go type up some letters looking for corporate sponsors. Trying to find the people who want to give and hooking them up with a need takes an ungodly amount of time.

1 comment:

Gary Means said...

A prayer for you:

Dear Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
You see the wonderful vision that You have imparted into Amber's soul. You see the way she passionately longs to be Your grateful child, sharing Your love and blessings with others. So I ask that You would meet the needs of the ministries she's leading, in particular, Backpacks for Pine Ridge. I ask that You would so richly bless that ministry in terms of resources and results, that a year from now people would weep with amazement at Your goodness. AMEN