About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We're Going to Ireland!

Our flight is booked! Brian and I have always wanted to go to Ireland and next Spring, we are going. Thanks to a generous gift, we will be going to Ireland to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.


We're going to be brave (or stupid) and go alone, renting a car and driving around the country on our own.


For those of you wondering ... yes, we will be dropping by Bono's house. No chance of seeing him - not sure I'd want to anyway, but I hear his gates are something to see. Here's a pic and then you can read what they say.




In the service of God one can learn three things from a child and seven from a thief. From a child one can learn 1) always be happy 2) never to sit idle 3) and cry for everything one wants. From a thief you should learn 1) to work at night 2) if one cannot gain it in one night to try again the next night 3) to love one's co-workers just as thieves love each other 4) to be willing to risk one's life even for a little thing 5) not to attach too much value to things even though you've risked your life for them just as a thief will resell a stolen article for a fraction of its worth 6) to withstand all kinds of beatings and tortures but to remain what you are and 7) to believe that your work is worthwhile and not be willing to change it.

1 comment:

Barbara (aka Layla) said...

AWESOME!!!! I am so happy for you guys! You will have the best time ever and I think its going to be much more fun having a car and going on your own, at your own pace for a real sense of adventure. I have a bunch of relatives over there (yep, I'm 1/2 Irish - not just a wee bit) but I have never been. My sis goes often and says it is SO BEAUTIFUL YOU CAN'T BELIEVE IT UNLESS YOU SEE IT WITH YOUR OWN EYES.

I have a feeling Bono will be pulling out of the driveway or something on the day you drive by and you two will share a wave, at least :)