About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas on the Rez

We were fortunate enough to be able to go to the reservation on Friday and Saturday for a short visit with some friends there and to deliver a few Christmas gifts. It was wonderful. The badlands look so awesome covered in show. I wanted to share a bit of this experience with you so I've posted some pics over on the Pine Ridge blog and I've put together two videos from our trip. I don't know why but the videos were a pain in the butt to do today. I kept running into weird problems with it and almost said "forget it". Neither of them are what I originally had. They are not well edited, but they are what they are ... a little taste of our trip. Hopefully you'll get a feel for it.

It's embarrassing to put myself there in the video ... posting a pic of myself is bad enough but video is worse, but hey, it's not about me, right. The last two people in the video are the missionaries there. She is not well and needs our prayers.



The Outtakes

This is all that went wrong and a bit of our foolishness. I am working on a promotional video for Backpacks For Pine Ridge and had hoped to shoot a bit of video explaining why we do what we do. I had wanted the village in the background but the day we were there it was snowing and the wind was blowing so that it didn't work out at all... you'll see.

No comments: