About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Overwhelmed

Yeah, this cartoon fits. I am swamped this week and getting a little cranky about it -ask Brian. Normally I pace myself and don't overcommit so that I don't get overwhelmed but this week there's this little thing called Christmas that has messed all of that up.

Here's my week...

I have had 23 dozen cookies to bake for what is FINALLY the last of the Holiday Candy/Cookie fundraiser for the PR trip. We started in Nov. and I am SO GLAD this is over.

Working on Rezonate '08 and the 2008 Pine Ridge trip has left me with little time for anything else. Good thing I quit my job - I don't have time to work.

I also had a last minute Christmas gift to buy this week. Normally I have that done by now but this one was one of those hard to find things ... and it was requested that I buy it. Not even scouring the Internet helped me locate this thing. But I have a substitute bought and wrapped now.

I have not even attempted Christmas cards this year. I usually have those done right after Thanksgiving but again, this year has been different.

I can't remember the last time I cleaned my house and believe me, that is not good. With the crazy Ohio weather we have extreme cold, rain, freezing rain, snow, and then it heats back up to the mid-40's which thaws it all out and makes massive mud. With two dogs that think they should have the run of the house - that's a problem. At least the mud on the floor has dried and made a nice dust covering now which helps to hide all the other stuff that was on there before.

Today I've really got to clean it though. When my 18 year old son is complaining about the house being dirty, I know it's really bad. His friend wanted to hang out here tomorrow and Logan told her the house was too messy.

Tomorrow I am meeting a friend and we're going to see if we can drum up any sponsors for Rezonate '08. I really wish SOMEONE would take this and run with it. We need sponsors. We need them now. And I really don't have time to do this. Oh, that reminds me, I've got to make up more packets today too so we have plenty tomorrow. OK, note to self - don't forget to do more packets.

OK, and at some point I need to get a shower and wash my hair. But I shouldn't do that until after I 've cleaned the floors because I'll probably get pretty dirty doing that.

If anyone comes to my door today, I'm not answering it. It's 1 in the afternoon and I still have yesterday's make up on and have not showered and look like something the cat dragged in.

Well, back to work.

No comments: