About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, December 24, 2007

People Tell Santa Things They Can't Tell Other People

I didn't want to go to the Christmas Eve service tonight, but I'm glad I did. It was a short and simple service with Christmas songs and lighting of candles while we hummed "Silent Night". Very nice.

A friend brought her bunny. That's right, a bunny, as in rabbit. She was kind enough to share and allow me to hold it throughout the service. When a family with young children came in, I moved over and sat with them so the kids could pet the bunny. They gently inspected it's ears, patted it's soft fur and examined it's feet. Their dad took pictures from his cell phone in the next pew. All of this occurred during the service. You might say we're a bit relaxed at our church. It was fun to hold the bunny and fun to watch the kids wonder at it. Somehow I don't think Jesus had a problem with it.

It was also good to see a couple of people who have been through a tough time lately ... people that I love and nearly lost recently. It was good to hug them and tell them I'm glad they are here. I really am.

We have a couple in our church who play Santa and Mrs. Claus at various places around town. Yesterday the lady was telling about some of the stories they hear as they are doing their Santa gig and said, "You know, people tell Santa things they can't tell other people".

When I walked in to the service tonight the man pulled out a folded up piece of notebook paper and showed me a letter to Santa that a little boy gave him today while he was playing Santa at a children's home. On it was a child's drawing of a mommy and a little boy and scrawled in childish handwriting was this note.


Today the most very important thing I want for Christmas is to see my birth
mom.

That's all I'm asking for.

That's all I want for Christmas

at the very bottom of my list.

But someday I'll find her somewhere out there.

I really love my birth mommy. I want to go back but I can't because

I don't' belong anywhere.

7 year-old boy




If you happen by here and read this tonight, please pray for this little one.

If you can't have a merry Christmas this year, I wish you a peace-filled one.

3 comments:

Kansas Bob said...

Both of my adopted kids eventually.. with my encouragement.. began the search for their biological parents.. they were over 21 when they did.. one found his and the other is still looking for hers.

It is a natural and normal part of coming into your own as an adult to seek out your roots. Unfortunately it can also be an evidence of a deeper pain.. as evidenced by the boy in your story.

Here's hoping that loving people will surround that 7 year old with love and understanding.

Seasons Blessings, Bob

Amber said...

This little guy was adopted at age 4 by a man and his companion and was later molested by them. I think the saddest line in his note is the one where he says he doesn't belong anywhere. He's been shuffled around so much it's no wonder he feels that way.

hennhouse said...

Heartbreaking. Really. And there are thousands of kids like him. At least 1500 available for adoption--just in Ohio. I will not get on my soapbox, but my two boys--heartache, loss, pain, and all--are my heart. They are amazing, generous, scarred human beings who have endured the unimaginable...