About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I Feel Awful

I really don't feel good. And I'm going to complain about it all over my blog so if you have a problem with that, well then I would suggest you go on to the next blog. :)

I woke up Sunday morning feeling like my head was full of cotton and a scratchy throat. I had to teach so I went to church that morning but then took the rest of the day to rest knowing that I had to work. Monday my throat was more sore and today it's really really sore. I've got to go to the grocery store and then I'm going to take it easy the rest of the day and hope I get over this stupid cold because I'm too busy to be sick.

I've not had much time to read blogs and I still have an email from my cousin that I need to get back to. She surprised me last week with an email. I've not heard from her in years. I was shocked to realize that her son is now 11 years old! Last time I saw him I think he may be been 7 or 8.

My stress level has been through the roof since our meeting about Rezonte on Friday. I've been wondering what kind of pile of poo have I stepped into now. Me and my ideas. I really need to stop coming up with them. The concert has exploded into something way beyond my initial vision, which is good, but oh my ..... this thing is huge.

I keep wondering why I'm doing this concert. I mean really, I'm the last person on earth to be involved in something like this. I know nothing, absolutely nothing about concerts. I don't even go to them much. I like music but I have a half a dozen bands/artist that I listen to and that's pretty much it. I have no idea where to start. I do believe this is a God-thing though. And I marvel at the way He works. I don't always like the way He works. I often tell Him that if I were Him I would do things differently. I would too.

I've also noticed that I'm a stress eater. I use food to sooth my stress. Friday after the meeting I wanted to come home and just EAT. I didn't but Saturday I did eat more than I should have. It was another stressful day and I was tired and didn't' want to cook dinner. We went to Panera and I had a big sandwich on a big hunk of bread. Should have done that. Still though, even with that I'm eating healthier than I have in the past.

Well enough whining on. I'm off to the store and then maybe I'll dig into a book.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Yes, read a book and be good to yourself. Hope you feel better !

hennhouse said...

Praying for you...

hennhouse said...

Are you feeling better? How is the concert planning coming along? Still praying.

Amber said...

Well I read an entire book. :) I'm still not feeling well. The concert is coming along. I did a lot of running around and talking to businesses on Monday because I knew I wouldn't feel like it later in the week. So the info is out there, just waiting now for them to talk to their people and then next week I'll be calling them back. Pray we get some sponsors!

I've been spending my time at home building up contacts on Myspace to get the word out about teh concert.

Thanks for your prayers!

Robert said...

hey amber hope you continue to feel better i think sore throats bug me the most of all cold synptoms yuk love how you say if you were God you would do some things differently lol He really is beyond any human ability to pin down which is a great thing because if any human could well He really wouldnm't be God kudos to you as well for your willingness to put yourself in a situation that is way beyond comfort zone because you know He is in it you rock amber!!!