About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

I've Been Out Soliciting

Not that kind of soliciting. ;)

I've been talking to business owners about sponsoring Rezonate '08. We are way behind on getting sponsors. I know it will work out. I really do believe the concert idea is a God-thing because of the way it fell together and went above and beyond my expectations, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about where the money will come from to fund it. Everyone involved is doing their part free of charge because they believe in the project but we will need to advertise the event and we do need to rent equipment. Port-a-pottys are kind of necessary for an all day outdoor event.

Speaking of the concert and people who are donating time and talent, a good friend (not sure if he wants to be known or not) made this banner for our MySpace and I LOVE it. I really do. The more I look at it, the more I love it. I printed it off on labels and put them on the folders that held the packets for potential sponsors and everyone of the potential sponsors were impressed. It made it look like we knew what we were doing.


In other news...

It's been a crazy time at the Buriff home. Last week our dishwasher died so we went out bargain shopping for a new one. Then this week our dryer died. That on top of an extraordinarily high utility bill was a bit much. The bank is officially busted now and we'll be catching up for a while. It was easy to feel sorry for poor 'ole us, and I do still feel bad for Brian who has the burden of paying for all of this, but I was talking to the missionary at Pine Ridge the other morning and we were talking about paying bills. I began complaining about our dishwasher and dryer and utility bills when it occurred to me how utterly foolish that must sound to him. The people he works with do not have the luxury of either a dishwasher or a dryer. They often do not even have water in their homes. And in the winter many freeze to death for lack of heat. And here I am feeling bad because my dishwasher and dryer went out.

My New Healthy Diet

Is getting boring. I've done well for the most part. I've eaten much healthier since Jan. 2nd and I've seen some real benefits. I don't think I've lost the first pound yet, which doesn't make any sense to me since I'm eating far fewer calories per day, but I am feeling better. I used to have severe heartburn all day long everyday and I've not had it once since I've been eating better. That much in itself is worth it. I wont kid you though, I really wish the pounds would start slipping off.

Well, I've got a new book and I'm taking the day off so I'm out of here to enjoy the day.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Sounds like things are moving right along for Rezonate 08! That's good.

Sorry to hear about your appliance woes. I hate money. It messes up everything.

I have not lost more weight either and its making me want to give up, but we have to keep eating healthy no matter what the silly scale says.

What book you readin?

hennhouse said...

I forwarded the RESONATE08 info to the youth pastor at our church... it's only a couple of hours drive and I think there are lots of teens who would love it.