About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Wow

OK, that was the most amazing thing I think I've ever seen. Even Brian said, "How cool was that" when it was over. I caught him bobbing his head to the music a few times too.

We're just back from seeing U2 3D. Awesome is an overused word, but it is truly awesome. You feel like you're on stage with the band and it is difficult to tell what is in the theater and what is on screen. Apparently they use a brand new 3D technology that far surpasses the usual 3D experience that is often seen in Disney movies at Disney World. Oh, the music was good too but I was so distracted by the visuals that I nearly overlooked the music. Leave it to U2 to ride the latest and greatest wave of technology. Really, go see it. Even if you only mildly like U2 - this is incredible.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!

hennhouse said...

Where did you see it? Sounds fantastic!

Amber said...

Barbara - you will LOVE it!

Hennhouse - we saw it at Showcase in Cincinnati. Its only at IMAX theaters.

Robert said...

amber- my one and only concert i have been to was U2 in 1985 the unforgettable fire tour at LA sports arena was awesome so cool you got to go and have stress reliever also ty very much for your comment at barbaras place about my pic meant a lot ty :)

Barbara said...

IT WAS AWESOME! I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT AND DID NOT WANT IT TO END. I thought of you often, especially when Bono "wiped a tear away" and was three inches from my face!

I can see why you saw it three times. I want to see it again! I can't even talk to my friends about it - they don't understand, they think its about the music only. Their loss.