About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Beautiful Day?

I'm stuck. For the past three months I have done my best to find sponsors for the Rezonate '08 benefit concert for Backpacks for Pine Ridge and I have nothing to show for my efforts. We have one sponsor. Just one. And that was for the lowest level of sponsorship, and I didn't get that sponsor.

So.

I'm beginning to wonder if this thing is really supposed to happen.

It makes no sense. Things fell together in amazing ways. We have so many talented people willing to give of their time and talent to make this concert happen. We have a great team of people who are working their butts off to make it happen. I am continueally amazed and humbled by the fact that so many people are so excited about this idea that they would willingly go out of their way and give their time to this event that began as just a wild idea.

I thought it was a God-thing. I know its a good thing. But whether its a God-thing ... I'm not sure anymore.

I'm feeling that I may have completely missed the boat on this one. Maybe I just got too excited about my own idea and thought God planted that idea and thought He was involved when really I was just excited about the possibility this event would hold.

Its been a ride. I've seen life come back into someone who had long since given up. I've seen people from different backgrounds come together. It has been amazing. And if this falls through I will feel very bad for the folks who have given so much to this effort. I will feel bad for getting them involved in a wild goose chase. And I know I shouldn't, but I will feel responsible for letting them down.

I'm not throwing in the towel yet. It may still happen. God has this irritating way of coming through at the last second. But right now we simply do not have the money to rent equipment. Crazy that it all comes down to port-a-potties and trash recepticals. Trash and crap may be the thing that does us in. Well, that's not entirely accurate - there is a lot of equipment we need to rent to pull this off.

So.


I'm fasting and praying. Not in a futile effort to get God's attention or to get Him in a headlock and make Him act (as if that were possible), but to try to allow Him to get my attention. I need some direction here. I would like to have it now but if I know God, He will not answer me. Not yet anyway. For some annoying reason He likes to make me walk blindfolded through mine fields. I think I know the reason but I still don't like it.



The heart is a bloom
Shoots up through the stony ground
There's no room
No space to rent in this town

You're out of luck
And the reason that you had to care
The traffic is stuck
And you're not moving anywhere

You thought you'd found a friend
To take you out of this place
Someone you could lend a hand
In return for grace

It's a beautiful day
Sky falls, you feel like
It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away

You're on the road
But you've got no destination
You're in the mud
In the maze of her imagination

You love this town
Even if that doesn't ring true
You've been all over
And it's been all over you

It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away
It's a beautiful day

Touch me
Take me to that other place
Teach me
I know I'm not a hopeless case

See the world in green and blue
See China right in front of you
See the canyons broken by cloud
See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out
See the Bedouin fires at night
See the oil fields at first light
And see the bird with a leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colors came out

It was a beautiful day
Don't let it get away
Beautiful day

Touch me
Take me to that other place
Reach me
I know I'm not a hopeless case

What you don't have you don't need it now
What you don't know you can feel it somehow
What you don't have you don't need it now
Don't need it now
Was a beautiful day

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I can't stand the thought of Rez '08 not happening. There has to be something that can raise funds. I want to help you! I don't know how but I want to.

Have you approached any individual people that may want to contribute? Have you had ever person in your church as one person they know to give $25? What about a raffle....can you get some free stuff and raffle it off one Sunday?

What about your ONLINE FRIENDS? You can set up a paypal account and put the link on your blog and myspace for people to donate and ask some us us (Gary me) to do the same. Lets create some BUZZ about this and give people a chance to participate.

Have you asked the potty and trash people if they will waive the rental fee (they can write it off on their taxes as charity).

I really really want to see this happen. I think God does too.

What is your deadline for the money?

hennhouse said...

Maybe having it happen is a God-thing, and making sure it doesn't happen is a devil-thing. Don't let him win! I like Barbara's idea of reaching out to the online community.