About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Saturday, March 08, 2008

The Blizzard of 2008

So spring is almost here and we're having the biggest snow of the winter. We have a blizzard warning out until late this afternoon with an expected 15 inches of snow and wind gust up to 40 mph which will cause whiteout conditions and blowing and drifting snow. It has been snowing since yesterday morning and everything is pretty much shut down. I've just been outside taking some pictures and my guess is that we've got 7-8 inches on the ground now and it's supposed to keep snowing all day. We may get the 15 inches before its all over. Here is what it looks like now.





BTW, I'm not sure if I've ever posted pics of our house before. Brian built this house some odd years ago. Built it himself, as in with his own hands. The only thing he didn't do was the roof and that was because he broke his hand the week before we put the roof on. Yeah, I'm a bit proud of him. He built it for me because I saw the floor plan and liked it. Yes, I'm spoiled rotten. There is a long story about how this house came to be.

4 comments:

Kansas Bob said...

Just saw a report from Cincinnati on the Today Show.. it is one time that I am glad to be in Kansas.. no snow here!

Keep warm and dry Amber when you are helping Brian shovel the drive.

Of course some people have it worse.

Amber said...

Wow ... now those were some snow pics! Glad I don't live there. We had 20 inches one year but normally we don't get much more than 4 at a time. The last time we had "blizzard" conditions that I can recall was in the late 70's.

Barbara said...

I am sooooooooooo impressed that Brian built this! WOW!

Lots of snow there, girl! It looks pretty but is probably a bit difficult to get around in :)

hennhouse said...

So beautiful-- like a dream!