About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I Knew It

My husband Brian can't stand not having a plan. Even on vacations he seems to want to have a plan and keep a schedule. I knew going to Ireland with no plan and no schedule would freak him out. Actually, to be fair, he's doing pretty well with it BUT he is still making plans and schedules.
Strangely enough, it looks like it may be a U2 vacation. We're flying into Dublin and will have some time to kill before we can check into our hotel so Brian has mapped out all of the U2-related places in Dublin.
I think we'll even by driving by Slane Castle on the way to Derry/Londonderry, the place where Bloody Sunday occurred.
After that though - the vacation is going to change because I'm throwing out all the plans and am just going to wander the beautiful Irish coastline.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Please tell Brian that I can relate. I hate this about myself but I am the same way! Please also tell him I think he's made some damn good plans for your first day there!

Amber said...

Yeah, I'm not complaining about his plans for Dublin. :) I'm taking a laptop and will blog from Ireland as I'm able and will try to post pics.

hennhouse said...

When I studied overseas, Ireland was my favorite. It can be just about anything you want it to be--bustling, relaxing, peaceful, quiet, busy, loud. It was just amazing.