About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Again, for Cathy

What ya wont do for your friends. My bff Cathy (we have our own unique interpretation for bff) has said that I look far too serious in the pictures of me in Ireland. Well, there's a reason for that. The pics of me smiling or being silly were HORRIBLE and me, not wanting anyone to know how awful I looked, didn't post those pics. In fact, when I went through all the pics my thoughts were "geez, I knew I was ugly but I didn't know I was that ugly". So, to prove to Cathy that I was not utterly depressed while in Ireland and to overcome my vanity, here are the pics that did not make the first postings. OK, now I'm off to therapy. ;)







3 comments:

hennhouse said...

I know you didn't make this post to get this type of comment, but I think you are beautiful--whether you are melancholy, goofy, or whatever.

Barbara(aka Layla) said...

Are you back from therapy and home watching for Bono on AI? I started watching but then go inspired to write on my blog...


YOU LOOK FABULOUS in all the pics! Why are we our own worst critics? I agree with Karin - you are beautiful and you have an air of mystery about you. A bit of seriousness mixed with a hint of mischievousness.

Amber said...

Thanks ladies. I didn't really go to therapy ;) I've done enough of that in the past to last me a lifetime. :) But yes, I did watch Bono on AI. I checked out your blog Barbara and was FLOORED. You rock lady! Thanks so much.