About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, April 21, 2008

My Lousy Day

I've had better days. I have had worse ones though too so I really shouldn't complain, but I will.

I woke up and first thing checked email/blogs while drinking that all important first cup of coffee. The first thing I read was that my friend David had to put his dog Noah down today. I hate that. I really really hate that. I never officially met Noah but I'm going to miss him. Somehow I think the world is a bit worse off since the best dog in the world is no longer with us. I'm not being a bit sarcastic about that either -I really mean that and if you know what a dog person I am then you know I mean it.

The rest of the day went downhill from there. I've cried, I've been crabby and I'm glad its now time to go to bed and forget this day. I came home from shopping for landscaping stuff (which I know nothing about) and wanted to crawl into my pjs and crash but before I could do that I had to run to Wal-mart.

I stopped by the Wal-mart gas station first to fill up since someone told me gas is going to go up to $3.60 tomorrow. Apparently I was too late. The price was still $3.33 but they were out of gas. Can you believe that? Out of gas? Who runs out of gas these days? Wal-mart does I guess.

So I went on into the store and weaved my way around the night stock crew to get groceries, whipped past the underwear section to get some new undies and then made my way to the cash registers.

Don't ya know it, they had shut down the self-check lanes and there was only 2 lanes open and both were packed. The line was WAY long and several people in those lines had a cart full of stuff. I thought about leaving but knew I'd just have to come back tomorrow so I settled in for a long wait.

Finally a third cashier came to open a lane. Two people with very full carts quickly got into her lane. That was when I remembered that I had underwear in my cart and the other two cashiers were guys. Now call me crazy but I just have a thing about a guy ringing up my underwear so even though it meant I would have to wait longer I got into her lane. And don't ya know it - she ended her shift and a guy came and took over for her. Crap. Now I had no choice. A guy was going to ring up my underwear anyway. I told myself it was OK....that he probably wouldn't even pay attention to what item he was ringing up... that he would just scan it and bag it and not even look. I told myself that he rang up hundreds of people's purchases a day and mine would be of no consequence to him. I told myself that he really wouldn't even care what kind of underwear I wore.

About the time I got myself talked into it being OK, it was my turn. I told him I had two separate purchases and wanted them rang up separately please. Then I rummaged through my purse so I wouldn't have to look at him. Mistake. I should have paid attention because when I did look up he was ringing it all together. Great. Now I've got to sort it all out and pay Brian back for some of the stuff. That was fine but then the horror of horrors happened. The cashier guy started talking to me ....which meant that I had to keep looking at him and we were not to the underwear yet. Then he picked up my underwear, looked at it, looked at me and said, "I see you in here all the time". Great. So much for anonymity. And now he knows what kind of undies I wear. I really need to start shopping somewhere else.

1 comment:

Barbara(aka Layla) said...

Yep the day did suck big time with the loss of Noah. Seeing that pic of him - what a special dog. You can just tell.

Try not to let the underwear guy bother you...although if he's creepy that would bother me too. Hmm i could use some new ones too, and some socks...thanks for the reminder :)