About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Couple of Years Ago ...

A lot of folks would have thought this impossible.

Remember Carly, the little girl who was battling Leukemia? Two years ago it didn't look like she would make it. Doctors advised that the machines keeping her alive be unhooked and told her parents to prepare to lose their little girl. Anyone who visited her at Children's Hospital at that time would have understood why they might say that. It seemed impossible that she would recover. I however, knew she'd pull thought. ;) I'm only half kidding on that. I'm not kidding that I knew God could bring her through, but I am kidding that I think I have a handle of what God will do at any given time. I'm not sure anyone knows that and if they do, well, I'd advise running.

But see that pretty ballerina ..... that is Carly.... she has had her trach removed for a while now and is still on oxygen but can go for times without it. She recently did her ballet recital without oxygen.

I can't tell you how good it is to see her doing ballet and climbing trees.







3 comments:

Barbara(aka Layla) said...

I remember her! Truly a miraculous gift!

David Cho said...

Wow, what a beautiful girl. Yes, I remember those harrowing posts.

A newborn in our church just made it through. The couple never gave up even though the doctors gave up.

Miracles do happen.

Michelle said...

GOD IS GOOD! Amber got an email update from The Dill's today, 2 healthy baby girls..I needed that good news today!