About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Life Comes At You Fast

Yesterday was crazy. Life is generally crazy here, but yesterday was particularly so.

I've been juggling 3 things: organizing the trip to Pine Ridge with our crew, organizing the Rezonate festival, and Logan's graduation party. Lots of planning on all three counts. The thing is ... as I plan I'm always aware that things can change at a moment's notice ... sometimes without warning. I like when that happens - usually - at least when it comes to the trips and whatever "missions" work I'm doing. I even find it assuring to know that God is in control and I am not.

But then there are those interruptions that are, well, far more frightening and annoying - like yesterday.

After waking up, doing some work on the Pine Ridge trip I decided to get a shower. Just as I was getting out of the shower the phone rang. I thought of letting the machine pick up but then I heard my sister-in-law's voice and could tell by the tone of her voice that something was terribly wrong. I rushed to grab the phone before she hung up and got the news that my other sister-in-law had gone into a coma and was in ICU on a ventilator. She had surgery the day before and came through that really well. But then when they came in to draw blood the next morning they were unable to wake her up and called a Code Blue.

The good news is, that as of last night she was beginning to wake up. We pray and hope that things will start turning around now and that she's soon be back to normal. Things are looking better now.

Then I was off to the dentist to have a broken tooth fixed. I've discovered that these annoying little things like broken teeth just never seem to happen at a good time. After the landscaping project and having 2 kids graduate (Cody from college and Logan from high school) we are broke. And of course we don't have dental insurance - so a trip to the dentist is just SO not good. But it had to be done.

While I was at the dentist Logan's truck broke down. By the time I got home he and Brian were out checking it out and shopping for car parts. Poor kid is learning fast that you can just never get ahead in life. The fuel pump is out - not something he and his dad can fix on their own. So, long story short - he's without wheels for a while, which means that my days are going to be spend driving him to and from work and school. Oh, did I mention that he has prom this weekend too.

So today I pick him up from school at 2:00, take him to the parts store to buy a fuel pump (whatever that is), and then come home and call AAA to get a tow truck to tow it to a very good friend's house who is going to fix it for him. We'll probably have to wait anywhere from 10 min. to 2 hours for the two truck. Then I'll drive him to the friends house and then to work - he'll be late. And then at midnight I'll go pick him up from work. Sounds like a fun day.

So as I'm waiting to do taxi service I'm working on that graduation party. I'm making a scrapbook for Logan's graduation. (I should do one for Cody too) We plan to have note paper at the party for people to write him notes that will go into the book along with pics of the graduation and party. I'm going to do a few pages with his senior pics in it to get it started. I'm not a scrapbooker. I've only made two before and I'm not real good at it so if you have a suggestion, go for it. These pics aren't great - my battery in the camera is about to die, but you can get the basic idea of what they look like. Click on 'em for a bigger view.

OK, I'm off to get a shower before life starts happening at record speed again.




2 comments:

Michelle said...

I have a TON of stuff if you need anything let me know, I can't wait to see his book!

Kansas Bob said...

Hope your sister-in-law is better.. keep us posted.