About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, June 09, 2008

A Day in the Life of Amber

I started out in a good mood this morning but now I'm just stuck. I spend an awful lot of time ... stuck. I have several projects that I need to get accomplished before too long but I'm can't move forward on them until other people get their stuff done so I can get my stuff done. Its frustrating. And since I spend so much of my time waiting for other people and being frustrated because they don't get their stuff done so I can get my stuff done, I'm frustrated a lot.

Today I was going to ...

Work on the trip booklet for the Pine Ridge trip. Each year I put together a book with the daily schedule in it. Not just the daily schedule of what we're doing there, but the schedule of who's doing bathroom duty, kitchen duty, etc. Making out that schedule is a PAIN IN THE BUTT because there are so many people and so many factors to consider that the possibilities to screw it up are endless. I finally got it finished the other day ... and then yesterday .... the team members changed - which throws the whole schedule off. One team member is dropping out and another person who was not originally going will be taking her place. That's probably a good thing and I'm thrilled that the new person is joining us but now I've got a do-over to do. Just the make-up of the trip, changing a man for a woman, changes everything because they will work on different projects each day which changes ... well, everything.

Another part of the book was going to be a "meet the crew" section with a picture and short interview. I am posting those on this blog and the Pine Ridge blog so that those folks who are unable to go on the trip can still look at the blog and see who is going and how best they can pray for each crew member. BUT .... a good portion of the team have not completed their interview questions - which was only two questions. Pretty simple I thought "how can we pray for you", and "why do you want to go on the trip", but apparently they were harder questions that I thought or people have just forgot because most of my team have not gotten them back to me.

Now you may be wondering why I even bother to do the schedule and book so early. I mean really, we don't leave for a whole month and 17 days. I've got plenty of time, right? Wrong. My stuff has to be done ahead of the trip because someone else prints the books for me and I have to consider their schedule. I don't expect them to drop what they are doing and print up my stuff on demand which is what would happen if I put it off till the last minute. I like to be considerate and give it to them early enough for them to work it into their schedule when its convenient for them.

SO, the book thing isn't going to happen today ... at least not the Meet the Crew portion. That portion may not happen at all. I could nag people but I get tired of nagging and I get tired of people thinking I'm a nag. I wonder what would happen if people just did what I asked them to? I gave them a few weeks. Apparently that wasn't enough time.

I could work on a promotional video for Rezonte ... but ... that would mean that I need to hear from some of the bands to get their permission to use their pics and maybe their music. Most of them would be fine and would actually get back to me about it pretty quickly. But ... some I can't get an answer from about ... anything, so I'm doubting that is going to work unless I just snatch them from their web sites. Is that even legal? I don't think so. Again, I'm between a rock and hard place.

So maybe I could wrap an anniversary gift I got for Brian and get at least that accomplished today. Nope, can't do that either. I don't have any scissors. Took them to church to set up for Logan's party last week and with a lot of people helping set up and clean up (which I appreciate) they were misplaced.

I could run to the store and get a new pair of scissors ... but .... someone is coming by to give me their payment for the Pine Ridge trip. They're bringing cash and said they would leave it in my mailbox if I wasn't home but I'm thinking that might not be such a good idea since its a sizable amount of $. Oh the payment is late too. Of course.

I'm always waiting on people to get their stuff done so I can get my stuff done.

I think I'm just going to say "Oh screw it all" and go read.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am sitting here laughing because the fustration I hear from you mirrors my own...praying for you!

hennhouse said...

"stuck" sounds like a miserable place to be.

You are simply amazing with all of these projects, kids, church, etc... I'm praying you have the answers you need EXACTLY when you need them.

(((hugs)))