About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Nice to Know I'm Valued

We are under a tornado warning. I'm sitting here typing as the warning siren goes off and the weatherman is telling everyone to take cover.

Smart, eh? What's worse, I just came home from Walmart. We were watching TV when the weatherman broke in to talk on and on about the storms. After several minutes I said, "Well ... this is going to go on for a while and after he's done, Obama will break in to say he won the Democratic nomination and after that Hillary will break in to say she's not giving up yet, so I'm going to Walmart". I was gone 20 min. and 3 people called me to tell me to get my butt home because it was really bad outside. OK, I'm home now. Brian is on the front porch taking pics. If they turn out, I'll post them. The pic here is not one I took and is not from this area - its just one I found on the 'Net. I've lived in the Midwest most of my life and have never seen a tornado. Tonight may change that. While I was typing that last sentence another call came in saying "They're saying to go to your safe place now". So, I'll go join Brian on the porch and see what we see.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Lyss and I are in our safe place and we will add you two crazies to our prayers Carl is outside watching the lightening show

Barbara(aka Layla) said...

Please let me know how you are! This is the first year I've worried for all my midwest friends re: tornadoes!

Amber said...

michelle - you, lady, are a treasure. Love ya.

barbara - we are fine. We are wet. We are getting a lot of rain, but we are fine. No major damage anywhere that I've heard of. I think there were tornadoes in our area. According to the news one was in the air right over where we live, but I was outside looking and I never saw it. :)

hennhouse said...

You make me laugh with your "safe place."