About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

2 Days and Counting

Well, well, well. Its almost here. Things are coming together very, very well. Way beyond my wildest expectaion. A year ago I would not have dreamed this would be this big ... or nice. This is not going to be a shabby deal. Nothing like the "4 guys on the back of a truck" that my friend was afraid it might be.


It amazes me. It really utterly amazes me, that I can come up with a whacked out idea and people will give their time, energy and money to see it happen. Weird. But happening it is.


Today I spent the day visiting sponsors and food vendors, thanking them and giving them passes to the event. Tomorrow morning the stage goes up. Did I mention that someone who wants to be anonymous rented a professional stage for us. This is a pic of it. Pretty impressive, eh? And it took no small change to get it but this person offered to do it out of their own pocket.


Tomorrow night all the booths will be in place. And then Saturday morning .... it begins.



2 comments:

Barbara(aka Layla) said...

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited. I don't know if you saw the comment I left on Gary's blog about you and how I've watched from the sidelines for the last year....

hennhouse said...

I hope you put together a cool video like you did for the "Rez." And I'll be praying for you this Saturday!!!