About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Coming Home is Hard Sometimes

Although I'm happy to see my family and friends again emotionally and mentally I'm still on the Reservation and wish I could be physically there as well. Its difficult when you pour yourself into other people for a time and then have to tear yourself away. When Bree held onto me and sobbed and would not let me go, it just about did me in. I hate being so far from her. Even though I know I'll see her next year, a year to a 7 year old can be a long, long time. Its just hard to make the transition back home. I don't think I'm the only one feeling that way.

But life goes on and I've got plenty to do with Rezonate coming up in a week and a half. Lots to do and I don't really feel like doing any of it. And there's the daily stuff to deal with ... like today my monitor died ... right when I have a ton of work to do. And I think I'm getting sick too. Not good timing. In two weeks I can get sick, but not before.

I may write more about this later. Right now I'm tired and I think a good night's sleep is in order.

No comments: