About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm Feeling Immortal Now

Great news! Backpacks For Pine Ridge is now an official fund through the Community Foundation of West Chester/Liberty Township!

That means a few things ...

  • We are now a community based humanitarian organization managed by Christians.
  • People can made a tax deductible donation through the Community Foundation and be assured that their money is being used for nothing other than providing backpacks and school supplies to the kids on the Rez.
  • This fund will last forever. It will outlive me. When I die and when the others who are involved die or move on, the fund will still be there and can only be used to provide backpacks and school supplies to the kids on the Rez.

How cool is that!

2 comments:

hennhouse said...

That is SO AWESOME!! Next time the community charitable drive comes around, I'm going to look up Backpacks for Pine Ridge to see if I can donate straight from my pay!

hallga77 said...

Amber,

That is fantastic!

Tim