About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, December 01, 2008

What Was I Thinking??

We all know how bad the economy is and the Buriff home is no different. This has been an expensive year ... the furnace/air conditioner died, the dryer died, the dishwasher died ... and I think the dog is about to die. So, there have been a lot of unusual expenses this year which means that it will be a little more challenging to do the usual Christmas gifts and decorations and such.

SO...

I'm getting crafty.

Now I like crafts. I can do crafts. But I normally just don't have the time/desire to do them. Or the need to do them for that matter. This year is different for a lot of us though ... so I got to thinking ....

which led to ideas ....

and yesterday I went out shopping for all the goodies I would need to make those ideas a reality ...

and ...

I have discovered that it would have been cheaper to just buy the stupid things rather than try to make them.

P.S.
If you get a homemade gift from us this year .... I apologize in advance.

2 comments:

Kansas Bob said...

Those folks in China can make things pretty cheaply..

hallga77 said...

Yes, Bob they can but please don't lick the paint.