About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Freedom Of Choice???

I got the following from my daughter-in-law this morning. So much for "freedom of choice". Freedom for who??

I am writing today to share some information with you regarding legislation that may be passed early in this new year. I feel very concerned about the effects this law will have. Please read the information below and visit the website at the bottom to learn more. You can sign a petition against this legislation on the website. Please also send this along to friends and family.
Barack Obama is now the President, and he made a promise to Planned Parenthood last year they expect him to keep.

"The first thing I'd do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. That's the first thing I'd do."

The Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) would eliminate every restriction on abortion nationwide.
FOCA will do away with state laws on parental involvement, on partial birth abortion, and on all other protections.

FOCA will compel taxpayer funding of abortions.

FOCA will force faith-based hospitals and health care facilities to perform abortions.

Fight FOCA Petition
I oppose the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA), because:
FOCA is a radical attempt to enshrine abortion-on-demand into American law;
FOCA seeks to sweep aside existing, protective laws that I and the majority of Americans support;

FOCA will prevent states from enacting protective measures in the future.
The Fight FOCA petition will be sent to key Members of Congress upon the re-introduction of the Freedom of Choice Act in the 111th Congress, and to President-Elect Obama.

http://www.fightfoca.com/

1 comment:

Kansas Bob said...

Here is a different perspective:

http://www.kansasbob.com/2008/11/freedom-of-choice-act.html