About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Sunday, January 04, 2009

God Has Really Screwed Up

Today has been the day from hell. I've found myself thinking that God really screwed up when he created humans. If he wanted something to love and be loved by, he really should have stuck with the dogs and not gone on to create man. Dogs are good. Humans ... are a mess.

I've talked to a lot of people today whose lives have been blown apart. I hurt for them I've prayed for them. It is now midnight and I have a mountain of work to do before morning because I didn't get to it today - too much emotional upheaval to concentrate on mission team meeting agendas and Sunday school lessons. I feel physically sick.

I love these people and I hate to see the torment they are going through. So much of it seems so unnecessary.

I've heard people blame each other. I've heard them blame God. I've heard them blame the person who tried to bring some sanity to the situation. But I've yet to hear one of them stop blaming and take responsibility for their part in the mess.

I love them. I will continue to love and listen even if they continue to blame and never take the steps they need to take. I'll continue to pray for them too even though God will never ever force his will on anyone who isn't willing. But until one person is willing to stop and take a good look at their own issues and how they contribute to the situation and is willing to make the excruciatingly difficult changes ... I don't have a lot of hope for anything being any different.

Its heartbreaking. I can only imagine how God must feel.

3 comments:

Kansas Bob said...

Sorry for the bad day Amber.. hope today if better!

Kansas Bob said...

..make that.. hope today is better!

David Cho said...

If he wanted something to love and be loved by, he really should have stuck with the dogs and not gone on to create man.

Word!