About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Reunions


Very strange. More than 20 years ago Brian and I were kicked out of a church in Alabama. Among the friends who came to help us pack and load up the U-Haul that day was a Nazarene minister. We had been friends with him for our short stay in Alabama .... long enough for me to know that he played guitar. As we packed I grabbed my guitar (yes I had a fairly nice one, much like the one in this pic), and handed it to him and told him it was now his. After all, I suck at anything musical and was doing both him and the guitar a favor.


Today he emailed Brian. Somehow, he managed to find our contact info and got in touch. It was great to hear from him. The guitar is still in his family. Funny he would mention that after all these years.


* For those of you wondering ... yes I took guitar lessons when I was a kid. I was horrible. Still am. I don't even remember the two chords I did know and I was really bad at those. Pity my poor dogs who were the only ones to hear me play.

3 comments:

Kansas Bob said...

That was a great story Amber.

Barbara(aka Layla) said...

Hi Amber, Just catching up. All I can say about the church that let you go:

THEIR LOSS!

You and I have similar music abilities (I played as a kid too). We may not make great music but we sure know how to appreciate it!!

Michelle said...

I'm always amazed when I hear you say the two of you were kicked out of a church, their loss was our gain!!!