About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bad Boys, Bad Boys, Whatcha Gonna Do?

I don't have bad boys. I have two great son's and one great daughter-in-law and possibly will have a wonderful (I'm not gonna say great) grandchild this year. My kids really aren't kids so much anymore. This post is all about our youngest, Logan.

I'm proud of him for a lot of reasons, but today brings yet another reason to be proud. He has wanted to be a cop since he was in 5th grade. There was a D.A.R.E. officer at his school that made a big impression on him and that seemed to set the tone for things to come.

Logan has never really wavered from his desire to be a cop. He has had a plan and is now working hard toward making his dream a reality. Currently he is the Loss Prevention Manager at Sears and today sent me a text saying that he was offered a job in security at Kings Island. That job will be a second job he will have during the spring/summer to help him save money for the Police Academy. He'll be attending the Academy in Sept., will hopefully graduate from that next April and then he will be old enough to get a position with a police department.

I'm proud of his work ethic ... that he's willing to work two jobs to make his dream of being a police officer come true. I'm proud of his strong sense of justice and his desire to make a positive difference in the world. Yeah, he's a pretty good kid. :)

4 comments:

Gary Means said...

You have a great family, Amber . . . including your dogs.

Michelle said...

I've said it before neither boys resembles the horror stories about PKs. You have every reason to be proud!!!!

HennHouse said...

Which police academy? The husband is in law enforcement and one of his best friends works at the OSHP academy.

Amber said...

He will be going to the police academy at Butler Tech in Hamilton. Its about 5 min. from our house. :)