About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Weekend Rambles

I should be working now but ...

I'm still thawing out. The Assistant Fire Chief for Fairfield Township (where I live) passed away on Monday and the funeral was today. We have friends in the fire department and I have a huge respect for anyone who serves as a Firefighter or Police Officer so I really wanted to do something to pay respects. So this morning I bundled up and walked over to the funeral home to stand along the procession route ... just my way of saying thanks. It was the least I could do for a man who would willingly run into my burning house to save my family. It was something to see - the line of fire engines, the color guard, walking all the way from the funeral home to the church. I was proud of our friends on the fire department and proud that our church had a small part in offering shuttle service to the funeral.

There is another funeral going on today too. A friend who is a police officer is burying his father today down in Kentucky. That is where my husband and youngest son are. It will be a surprise for our friend who has no idea they are making the 3 hour trip.

Today I have the house to myself (I LOVE that) and I really should be working. Tomorrow is a team meeting - a really important one, maybe the most important one of the year and here I am needing to prepare for it and I really just want to take a nap instead.

OK, well guess I'll put some coffee on and get busy. Better make it strong coffee. :)

No comments: