About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hammer

I've been thinking about Hammer today. I'm not really sure why, but he's been on my mind. Hammer is, in a word, adorable. He's the kind of kid who can get away with almost anything with me because he's just so darn cute. He doesn't always do what he's supposed to do - which is why he was sent home from VBS one day. BTW, if I had known he was being sent home that day he would have stayed. There's no way I could have taken that kid home. I would have probably had a buddy hanging with me the rest of the day so I could keep any eye on him, but that would have been just fine with me. Last year Hammer had a thing for toads. He constantly had one in hand. I realized how bad that was when I was giving him a piggy-back ride and nearly ate a toad when he grabbed me around the head to hang on tighter and the toad came all too close to being shoved into my mouth.

Its been a tough few weeks. I have two major events coming up this summer and things with both of them are challenging to say the least. It feels like everyday there is a new problem to work out. I guess both sets of problems would be summed up in a single word - money. Or lack of it.

It will all work out. All of it. I don't have the slightest doubt about that, but in the meantime it has certainly added to my pile of work. After all, God is in control but we still have to do out part. So I'm not stressed, just really, really, really mentally drained.

Yesterday I was headed in to Walmart to buy 800 pens and 1300 pencils and met Brian on this way out. When I told him what I was there for he asked if I had an obsession with pens or something. I replied that I had no idea why I did the things I did. Honestly, at times like this I do have difficulty remembering. I guess I do it because I can. And because its what I think I'm supposed to do. And yes, I do it for the kids. Although .... I think I could be very happy just visiting for a week a year and then doing what I wanted the rest of the year.

Nah ... probably not.









No comments: