About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Rock On!

Things are starting to happen. Sometimes so quickly I can't keep up. It seems like January and February I knock on a lot of doors and wait, wait, wait for people to get back. It seems like I beat my head against the wall and nothing happens.

Then ... suddenly, it all starts to fall into place.

Unfortunately, I can't let the cat out of the bag yet but I hope to have some really cool announcements later this week. I will say that this week we are:

  • Talking with a MAJOR Rock station in Cincy who appears to have a strong interest in being a media partner with us.
  • Talking to a bike club that has a strong interest (they've already decided to do it but we're working out the details) in making Rezonate their event of the year! That means a bike run that would draw bikers from all over the tri-state area and a raffle that would benefit the kids on the Rez. I'll be going to speak to them at their meeting in April.
  • Another Christian bike club will be there handing out free coffee and water and will be helping to promote the event
  • A Web TV station may be broadcasting it on their web tv site. That's good for sponsors, good for bands, good for the kids on the Reservation and ultimately a good opportunity for the world to see the body of Christ acting like Jesus would.

So yeah, a lot of good things are happening. I really believe its a "God thing". None of us really know what we're doing. Well, maybe this year we know a little bit more, but really, none of us have the means or expertise to make this happen. And yet it does. And I marvel at it all.

2 comments:

Gary Means said...

Awesome! This is so exciting.

Barbara(aka Layla) said...

Marveling along with you!!