About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Text From my Son

I just got a text from my youngest son ....

"Dad has the Dropkick Murphys blasting in the sanctuary"

Oh my ....

Let me explain ...

This afternoon a really sweet couple from our church is getting married. Brian is doing the ceremony BUT unlike most other weddings, he has no clue what he's doing with this one. He's probably really stressed - hence the Dropkick Murphys.

The couple is from Cameroon, Africa and the wedding will be a traditional Cameroom ceremony - NOT something Brian is familiar with.

Despite a long rehearsal last night in which the wedding party decided to go out to eat just as the rehearsal was supposed to start, and despite the best man never showing up, and despite the bride sending Brian instructions in GREEK, Brian is doing his best. Good thing he's fairly used to functioning in different cultures. :)

This should be fun! I'm on my way now. :)

*Update*

I'm back. Wow, that was fun, different, fun, long, and fun.

Everything went off without a hitch - once the bride arrived. The African pastor who preached was really good - and funny. It was beautiful and I think its safe to say everybody had a good time.

I've never seen Brian dance like that before.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I can't wait for this update!