About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

100 Harleys

I'm pretty much blown away. The past two days have been long, busy, and utterly amazing.



Yesterday afternoon I was invited along with another guy from our team (Jeff) to do a presentation about Pine Ridge/REZonate to the Cincinnati Teamsters Motorcycle Association. Our hope is to do a bike run in conjunction with REZonate this year. We went, we gave the presentation and they voted to do it. Jeff said that he was hoping for 100 bikes. They replied that getting 100 would be easy - they could do better than that. We still have to get insurance for this event and I've been waiting for more than 2 weeks just to get a quote.


Can you imagine 100 Harleys thundering in to the concert?

There are other good things in the works as well. Wish I was at liberty to say what. Not being able to share it is killing me. :)

The more I am involved with this the more I am convinced that I have very little to do with it. I get the distinct feeling that this (and by this I mean all Pine Ridge stuff) is just a God thing. I don't want to over-simplify it but there are just too many things that happen that are completely out of my control. It leaves me with the awareness that God is a big God and I am pretty small in insignificant. In fact, I don't think I'm necessary at all. I'm not saying that to sound humble because I'm not sure I'd list humility as one of my strengths. I say it because it's simply the way it is. And I'm just grateful to have a great view as I watch it all happen.

3 comments:

Barbara(aka Layla) said...

Wow.

that's all I can say!

Gary Means said...

This just gets better and better.

hallga77 said...

I can just hear the pipes on those bikes Rezonating through town.

"Roar 4 Rezonate"

You think they'll let me ride my Schwinn?

Tim