About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Some Recent Observations

  • I am at Walmart waaayyyy too often. When you recognize the employee's rides and know when they're having surgery, when their family members are having surgery and their shift, its a sure sign that you're spending too much time there.
  • People are generally unaware that other people exist. Speaking of Walmart, or any other store, I am always amazed at how many people walk down the center of the isle taking up all of the space. Not to mention the motorized carts that people ride. I was behind a guy on one of those tonight who went happily about taking up all of the space and seemingly unaware of it. He was happy though. In fact he was singing Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah at the top of his lungs.
  • More people read my blog when I don't post anything.
  • There are some true "stars" who are very humble and gracious and some not-so-well known celebs who think everyone should cater to their every wish. I always want to remind them that no one in Nebraska knows who the heck they are but I keep my mouth shut.
  • My Jeep is made to go about anywhere but it is not made to go anywhere fast.
  • The magnolias in my yard are really beautiful this time of year
  • Amazingly only a few flowers in my rock garden died out over the winter. Everything else is coming up very nicely.

2 comments:

HennHouse said...

Interesting observations... love the cart one. So true. And I can't stand the stores that don't have enough space for one person in the aisles let alone two. Especially if one of those people is in a wheelchair.

Kansas Bob said...

I used to like going to Walmart until I became responsible for the groceries.