About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Uncle Gardner

I just got the call that I've been expecting for a while. My uncle Gardner passed away. Even though its been a long time since I've seen him, I will miss him. Just knowing that he won't be there when I go back to my hometown will seem odd. Gardner suffered for a long time and I'm glad that he's no longer in that kind of pain and agony. I will always remember him as my uncle who was always joking and loved to make people laugh. Make us laugh he did when he was teaching my son Logan how to ride a 4-wheeler ATV. Logan sat on the 4-wheeler as Gardner showed him how to operate it. Unknown to either of them, Gardner's shorts were caught on a part of the 4-wheeler so when Logan took off - so did Gardner's shorts. Ripped 'em right off. We've never stopped laughing about that, and never will.

I'm not sure if I'll get to go back home for the funeral or not. I want to, but its a busy week and I figured he would pass about the same time that Brian's sister who we rarely get to see would be coming for a visit. That seems to be the case. I'll wait to hear when the funeral will be and then will decide if I can make the trip or not. In either case, I'll be there in my thoughts.

3 comments:

Kansas Bob said...

Sorry for your loss Amber.. your uncle Gardner sounds a lot like my uncle Charlie.. I have such sweet memories of him.

Asking God to comfort your family and give them wisdom during this time.

HennHouse said...

So sorry, Amber.

Barbara(aka Layla) said...

Sorry to hear this Amber, its never to easy to lose family. :(