About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Some Little Things That Make Me Happy

Got this from Michelle. These are just a few things that make me happy, (husband and kids aside). In no particular order ....




Music

Nikki Sixx's photography


Every photo he does is though provoking

Sitting on my porch drinking iced tea and watching my flowers grow


OK, this is in serious need of some color. I've got to get to Berns and get some flowers for my big pot



Reading


Getting away to a cabin in beautiful Hocking Hills





Coffee in my favorite mug




My rock garden
I love the contrast of the stone and dainty flowers




my babies




my Jeep


in the summer you can take the top off and feel the wind on your face,


in the winter snow is never a problem.


It does drink gas. A lot of gas. But I'm the little old lady who only


drives to the grocery store and church so its all good


my Sunday school (hate that term) class

we're not your typical Sunday school class,

we're small,

but we have a lot of fun.

Last Sunday we were all laughing so hard we cried


Lie to Me - a great new show on FOX


What little things in life make you happy?

4 comments:

hallga77 said...

Amber,

After reading the post about the Sunday School class (which I missed) that you were all laughing till you cried I had to send you a picture I have hanging by my computer.

Tim

Barbara(aka Layla) said...

Amber, this is a great post, I loved it. It also reminded me of some of our common interests - Nikki, Bono, Keith, Johnny...oh my its all about the boys isnt' it :) just kidding.

My list:
MUSIC
My pets
Reading
My laptop
my nephew
the ocean
More music

Michelle said...

I love your list and isn't Berns the best place ever?

HennHouse said...

OMG!!! Some of your favorite things are my favorite things, too!!!

That is SO MY FAVORITE COFFEE MUG!!!

And I LOVE sitting on the deck or outside somewhere enjoying nature. And I love sitting in rocking chairs ANYWHERE.

Reading... I just love reading.

And MUSIC... I introduced the kids to Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Winger, and Whitney Houston (we were in the W's and it took us an hour to get to therapy). (In retrospect, perhaps Whitesnake is not appropriate for a puberty-stricken, ever-so-in-love 12-year-old.)

And my kids... there just isn't anything like holding my kids.

I know you love your Brian, but I could spend HOURS with my Tim just talking and laughing.