About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, June 22, 2009

It's About That Time

In less than 3 weeks we will be leaving for the Rez and it seems I'm running on schedule. It's about this time when I start to feel exasperated, tired, stressed, and begin to wonder how I get myself into these things. I have a great crew this year - everyone is doing their part. But we are all individuals and individuals tend to work in their own way. Trying to get everyone to work together is the exasperating part. I often feel like I'm nagging those who lag behind. And that kicks up all sorts of my own insecurity issues and I end up feeling like the big bad boss that everyone hates. Trying to find the balance between being firm enough to keep things moving for the team and gracious enough to individuals is always a challenge for someone who is full of self-doubt. Like everyone else on the team, I remind myself that "its not about me". My responsibility is to the team and its ok if someone is unhappy with me. It's a yearly ritual.

That by the way, is the reason for all the photos this weekend. I took a couple of days to do something I enjoy - photography. I'm not good at it, but it makes me happy and isn't stressful and that's all that matters.

Now its time to see what this week will bring.

1 comment:

Kansas Bob said...

Reading your thoughts today Amber leads me to conclude that you are a very good leader. I especially thought this was very insightful:
.
"My responsibility is to the team and its ok if someone is unhappy with me."

Thank you.. I appreciate you.. you have a great heart and a wonderful passion for the Rez kids.