About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Monday, June 08, 2009

Wow, My Head is Spinning

What a weekend. We had what felt like the longest meeting in the history of meetings yesterday. It was actually not THAT long, but it sure felt like it dragged on and on forever. I found myself praying for God to make it go away. Not only was I exhausted but it was cutting into my chocolate time. I've been trying to eat healthier but one day a week I allow myself to eat whatever I want and yesterday was that day and I had chocolate chip cookies to get to.

I don't know, meetings like that seem to take all the fun out of something that is designed to be a lot of fun (REZonate). It can all seem very overwhelming to the point I just want to crawl into a fetal position and cry "I CAN'T DO THIS ... I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS ANYMORE ... ALL I WANT IS MY CHOCOLATE".

So here I am, 10:00 am on Monday with a whole nuther week staring at me and a "to do" list that is getting longer the longer I sit here with my coffee contemplating all that needs to be done this week. And another week of eating healthy, tasteless food. Yea!

We also have two funerals to go to this week. Two wonderful people who I will miss. A lot. I hate losing people like that.

3 comments:

hallga77 said...

Amber,
If you had brought the cookies with you we could have all had some. I think we all could have used some "cookie therapy".

Tim

Amber said...

I would have but I still had to bake them.

I'm thinking the lady from Dog Fest had the right idea ... maybe I'll follow her lead and just quit. :D

hallga77 said...

Remember,she moved first,then quit.