About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Life Comes at you FAST!

Well in just 8 short days we'll be heading to the Rez. Hard to believe it. I think we've about got things nailed down so the next week or so should be fairly stress-free. Well, at least as stress-free as possible. Tomorrow we shop for food. You can go over to the trip blog to see pics of my house. It's wild. Really wild.

Some good things are happening ....

Melda's shower went over big. In fact, I'm still getting gifts for her. Someone came up to me last night and said that it had gotten past them and they wanted to give some money. I told her that I wasn't sure I'd have time to get out shopping before we leave but that I could always pass on the money to Melda if that was OK with her. It was. She handed me a roll of money saying, "this is all I have on me right now". I got home and looked at it and it was $80!! Another lady who gave a $50 gift card at the shower on Sunday came up to me with 2 more gifts for Melda last night. And another lady who brought gifts to the shower gave me a bag of soaps, shampoos, toothpaste, lotions, etc. for Melda last night too. And to top it all off, one of those women is currently out of work. What do I ever say to something like that?? Wow ...

Trust me, nothing that was given will go to waste. Whatever Melda got I am sure she will share. Just a up the hill from her home is a single-wide trailer with no indoor plumbing and the only electric is a cord running out to the pole. There are 15 people living in that trailer, 8 of them are kids.

Did I say all that already in another post?? Maybe. Life has been so crazy I don't remember what I've said to who.

Things for REZonate are going well too. I meet with a radio station next week to see what part they want to play. HOPEFULLY they are not just trying to sell me advertising on their station. I'm not going to be happy at all if that is the case, but, I think there's something more there because they've been putting us off since Feb. and I figure if they wanted to sell me something they would have been all over it by now. So I'm hopeful. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

I also received an email from someone in Pittsburgh who is wanting to do a benefit for Backpacks. I have no idea who this is but he already has a venue booked and a band booked. It'll take place on Aug. 15th. That will make 3 cities that have had a benefit show for Backpacks - Cincy, Winchester, VA, and Pittsburgh, PA.

Now, in family news .... I'm not happy to say that I think Logan is about to join the Army. He was set to go to college this fall but has never heard back from them about student loans he applied for. He has called countless times and emailed and left messages and they simply do not get back to him. So, he's back to thinking about the Army. He would be an MP. Did I mention that I'm not happy about that??

And the news is not all that great for my dad either. Looks like he'll have to go back on chemo pretty soon.

5 comments:

Blasé said...

My son joined the Air Force last month after graduating from High School, as a mechanic (from what I've heard).

Kansas Bob said...

Is community college an option.. might be a way to start the college journey? Does he know of anyone in the army that he can talk to? If he wants he can talk to my combat veteran son.. just send me an email and I'll send you his phone number. Always helpful to speak to a non-recruiter army guy.

I prayed for your dad this morning and was wondering how he was doing.. thx for the update.

Have a great weekend!

Amber said...

Hey Bob - thank for the offer to have my son talk to your son. That would be a wonderful idea IF my son would actually LISTEN to anyone. He seems to have his mind made up. I guess he'll have to find out for himself. Thanks for the prayers for my dad. We're praying for Ann too.

Kansas Bob said...

My son turns 29 in a few weeks Amber.. he still doesn't listen but does listen more.. Ann and I call it 'young guy syndrome'.. I too was once afflicted :)

Thx for praying for Ann. Have a great weekend.

Michelle said...

I'll pray for God's will with Logan! I wouldn't be happy as a momma if that was what Shane wanted to do.

Praying for your dad!