About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Life Goes On...

Here are a few snippets from my week in no particular order ....

  • Interview with a reporter
  • Fire Dept. shows up at my house
  • Belly Dancing (somebody in Pittsburgh did a belly dancing benefit for Backpacks and called it Bellies for Backpacks) :)
  • Broke a tooth
  • Discovered a new favorite author
  • UPS delivered a big box of school supplies to my house sent by a total stranger
  • Got my Jeep back from the "shop" - it had been in for a week and a half - only to have the radiator hose bust as soon as we pulled into the garage
  • Had a friend call and to tell me she got her dentist to donate toothpaste and toothbrushes for the Lakota people at Pine Ridge, and no, I didn't even ask her to do such a thing.
  • Found out one of my favorite ladies has liver cancer
  • BLT's
  • Found some more old friends on Facebook
  • Dinner at the Homeless Shelter
  • Met a new blog friend
  • Found my new blog friend through another blog friend who has a lot of women followers and a great sense of humor
  • 100 Grand candy bars (my new addiction)
  • Louie (dog-sat for my son and daughter-in-law)
  • Softball game - the last I'll see my youngest son play for a very long time

Life goes on ...

No comments: