About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Forever in Blue Jeans

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a wearer of jeans. All the time. I do dress up for funerals and weddings but that's it. Any other time, its me and my jeans.

The problem is that finding jeans that fit can be a real challenge. But, I think I may have found the trick.

Most of the time I have trouble finding jeans that fit because the are way too baggy in the butt and thigh. I can't stand baggy jeans. I'm not saying they have to fit like a glove or anything, but there can't be any bagginess or I will go insane. IF I manage to find a pair that fit in the butt and thigh, they are always way too short and leave me looking like I'm wearing high waters. Can't stand that either.

SO ... today I got brave and went to the Jrs department to do my jean shopping. Yeah I know, an old fat lady has no business shopping in the teens department but hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

And the result is - they fit! At least they do at the moment. We'll give 'em some time and find out if they still fit but I do have hope.

And if worst comes to worst, this company makes custom jeans. If you have a pair of jeans that fit you like you want 'em to, you can simply mail them to them and they'll make you a new pair off the measurements of the old pair. It's $55 for that and free shipping, which is a bit pricey for me but might be cheaper than buying less expensive jeans that I can't wear.

BTW, I spent a whopping $30 on these jeans. That's more than I've ever spent on jeans but they were on sale and I think I might be able to wear them!

4 comments:

Cat said...

My favorite pair of jeans was bought at the salvation army and fit me like a freaking glove... I just may give the mail order thing a good go. Thanks for posting the info!!

( and thanks for your kind comment today)

KrippledWarrior said...

Take the jeans that fit. Wear them into a bath-tub of very warm water. Sit for 10-15 min. Then wear them till they dry. It's called "SHRINK TO FIT."

Marsha said...

I'm just the opposite, all jeans seem too long on me.

It's hard to find clothes that fit right for anyone who doesn't mesh into that "average" design I guess.

Blasé said...

You may wear Jeans at my funeral, if you want to!

Shoot! If you want to wear nothin', that will be ok, too. Just make sure you do a lil' crying. Bring the kleenex.