About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

OK, I Was WRONG

So it turns out my cool idea for the downstairs bathroom wasn't so cool after all. Well, actually, I still think it was pretty cool but my bathroom is too small to do it with red paint. First mistake - I ordered a flat paint and once it was on the wall and dried, it was glossy. Shiny red walls - not good. It was supposed to be just like the paint in my study (yes my study is painted red and I love it and it looks pretty darn good if I do say so myself) but it turns out that your paint is really only as good as the technician that mixes it. Even with that, the red was too overpowering for a small room, which was the second mistake.

SO ... its do-over day. I'm still lovin' the chalkboard paint on the one wall. :) The other walls will now be a khaki tan color. Yeah, yeah. Play it safe and all that.

This pic is what inspired my bright idea.....

It should be done by Thursday. I'll post pics.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I love it! Have you ever seen the pics of my craft room? I wanted to do red, but the room is pretty small so I did like a yellow/brown and accented in turquoise and red. I love it. Your chalkboard wall is classic!!!

Kansas Bob said...

Sometimes things look different in our heads :)

hallga77 said...

I thought maybe you were inspired by the real cover of the "Beggars Banquet" album.

Anonymous said...

yeah bout the bathroom thingy, ive been meaning to ask you if our toilet is smaller, it looks and feels alot smaller...thought id throw that out there


-Logan

Amber said...

Logan - no the toilet is the same toilet that we've always had. Its your butt that's bigger.