About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

There Must be Something About # 8

Not only do these guys make up a great band, but I'm proud to call them my friends. 8 Lives Spent played at REZonate last year, then did a benefit that raised $1500 for heaters for the people on the Rez. And on top of that, Joe, their former bass player, custom designed two guitars that were raffled off with the proceeds going to purchase backpacks for the kids on the Rez. Last year for my birthday Brian had him design a guitar for me and it was absolutely beautiful! Now they are competing again in the FOX ROCKS DC contest and could use our help. Last year they came in second with the gap between 2nd and 3rd being pretty wide. I would love to see them take 1st place this year. I would appreciate it and I know they would if you would click here and then register and vote for them. You can vote once a day with the voting ending on the 20th. Let's all give them a little help and see how far they can go.

And my new friends 8KOunt, I hope I can call them that, have just posted a new video from last weekend. I was there and can tell you they are awesome. Check it out when you get a chance.

No comments: