About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

They Say Its Your Birthday


Today (Friday) is a very special lady's 50th birthday! Barbara is one of the first bloggers I met and has been a loyal friend. She's one of those folks who you can tell anything to and she'll listen and not judge. The thing is, she genuinely cares about other people. She can be going through her own personal hell but she has time to rejoice with you about something that's going on in your life. She is one of the most self-less people I know. Since I've known her I've seen her go through what may be the toughest thing anybody can ever go through and yet she has faced it with dignity and grace and wisdom. If you haven't been to her blog, GO THERE NOW and say hello. You won't regret it.

Barbara, I wish I knew of a way to let Bruce (or Bono) know about you because I am very sure that if either of them did, they would be honored to wish you a Happy Birthday. I love ya! I'm proud of ya! I'm grateful to have met ya!
Happy Birthday girl! If anybody deserves to have a good one, you do!

2 comments:

KrippledWarrior said...

Thank you Amber. Barbara's blog was very insightful and mentally provoking.
I can' call you sweet now, Or I'd just be following in blase` footsteps.
Thanks for tipping me toward barbara.

Barbara(aka Layla) said...

AMBER! I am sitting here crying at your sweet words!

I go away for a week (from the computer) and come back to find out you made Cody's old room a whorehouse (then went and re-read it correctly); that you are JUMPING OUT OF A PLANE, and that you wrote some of the nicest things ever about me.

I feel the exact same way about you! I hope someday, somehow, Bono and the guys hear about Backpacks for Pineridge I know he'd be all over it to help out!