About Me

My photo
My passion is helping others defend themselves and their families. I am an NRA Certified pistol instructor, a NRA Chief Range Safety Officer, leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - North Cincinnati, and the state leader of TWAW Shooting Chapters - Ohio. I also have a heart for the Lakota people and lead mission teams to the Pine Ridge Reservation each year, am founder and director of Backpacks For Pine Ridge,, and do various volunteer work in my own community. My greatest joy is being a grandma and hanging out with my husband of 30+ years.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Goin' to the Dogs

Poor Gunner had a really bad day last Tuesday. He got neutered. Since then he's been pretty much zonked out on pain meds. When he's not sleeping off a buzz he's peeing and pooping all over the house. Doesn't matter how many times we take him out, he still manages to make a mess in the house. Just this morning he went out and peed 4 times only to come back in the house and pee 2 huge lakes of urine in the house ... and then poop. I can't get mad at him. I mean, look at him. He's pitiful. So I grab a towel and mop it up. Now I'm going broke buying laundry detergent and can't get my usual laundry done because the pee towels are always in the wash. Oh and the floors ... well, let's just say its a good thing we're replacing the flooring until he's over this.

And then there's Taser, our beautiful and very girly girl German Shepherd. She's been outside playing while Gunner stays inside and gets pampered. Neither of them are happy with this arrangement. She wants to be inside and he wants to be outside so they sit on either side of the patio door and cry at each other. And I have a hunch that Taser, although she's not the brightest dog in the world, has figured out that Gunner is getting pampered because he's "hurt" so she's taken to limping. There seems to be nothing really wrong with her paw - no abnormality, no cut, no sticker stuck in it, but she's limping anyway. It could be she sprained it. Or it could be that she's faking it to get attention. Actually, as I type this, she's standing perfectly fine on the back deck barking at a squirrel. I'm going with the idea that she's faking it.

No comments: